Leadership and LifeMarch 16, 2018
Your 10 Point Action Plan For LifeMarch 19, 2018
Did you know that 37% of workers who have left their jobs spanning all levels and industries over the past 3 years reported leaving their job due to bad Leadership?
There are all sorts of Leaders in the world. Some are better than others. To succeed in the long run, companies and organizations need great leaders.
So, you have to ask yourself why? Why is it that so many people in leadership positions are ineffective and not respected? And what is it that you can do to be an effective leader?
Here are 3 questions for you to ponder!
- Why is it that some company’s year after year are more innovative, come out with great products consistently, are known for quality, have people clamoring to work there and have low turnover?
- Why is it that some people are more successful? They are happier, healthier are more fit, have more friends and get more done?
- Why is it that some people are more effective Leaders, they are more innovative, productive, have greater teams, enjoy life, have greater success, make more money and are promoted more often. Why?
I’ve studied Leadership for more than 30 years and through my blog posts I’m going to share some of those answers with you.
I love quotes, and this is a favorite from Eleanor Roosevelt: “To lead yourself use your head, to lead others use your heart.”
Each of you are reading this are to be congratulated. YOU are in the top 10% of your industry! Why? You took time to invest in yourself to read this to grow and improve YOU and your leadership. Only the top 10% of people understand that YOU need to invest in yourself to be your best.
Leadership does not come with a title, but it does come with a price tag, but doesn’t everything? So, what is the price of Leadership and being a great leader? It’s responsibility. When you take 100% responsibility for your life, you take a large step forward to your success and growing your Leadership.
Here are 3 Major Leadership Success Keys that great leaders invest themselves in.
- EQ – This is the emotional side. Practice and understand your emotions from all angles and points of view.
- IQ – Innovation and Quality, this should be how you live and lead in life. Think in and out of the box, but quality is key
- Great leaders know that they have to take care of themselves and make them – Priority 1!
Great leaders know that being a great leader is not about the leader, it is about empowering others and building effective teams, it is about, strength, understanding, courage and sacrifice.