Speaker inspires AAUW membersMarch 28, 2018
Jeff Hoffman – Leadership Summit America 2018September 6, 2018
Have you ever been part of, engaged with or attended an event where the end result is so incredibly much more than what your expectations were? Have you ever created an event where you dream of everything coming together in complete harmony, an event that is life changing?
That is just a small portion of the outcomes from YOUniquely YOU, Putting Women First – The Power of Possible weekend retreat at Wiawaka on Lake George this past July 13-15, 2018.
YOUniquely You Putting Women First – The Power of Possible
When you bring women together in such a magical place as Wiawaka Center for Women on Lake George, the first thing you feel is your blood pressure relax as you breathe in the fresh Adirondack Mountain air and the idyllic views of Lake George. What was to be a first-time one time only retreat, has now become the first of what will be an annual event. It’s hard to find words to describe the incredible women, the wonderful workshops and breakthroughs, not to mention the networking, bonding, and fun from the weekend.
The initial objective of creating YOUniquely YOU, Putting Women First was to bring women together for a three- day weekend retreat that would celebrate each woman and the amazing person she is and allow great opportunities to build new friendships, network with like-minded women and be inspired to achieve more in their personal and professional lives. As women each of us is YOUnique and none of us the same, and yet often we are working to fit in molds that we have felt we should fit into. Women come in a wonderful bouquet of all shapes ages, colors, and sizes. What happened over the weekend at YOUniquely You, was so much more.
While the women and workshop presenters came from all over the country, it was the tremendous personalized experience that was savored on many levels, which made it transformational. At the end of our weekend together, I asked each attendee to write down and share what was their greatest take away for them personally. These messages were so powerful and amazing that everyone agreed they should be shared.
Here is a sampling of the outcomes from YOUniquely You.
- “I loved that the group was small allowing for more personal touches.”
- “I filled my tank and became more open and positive.”
- “This weekend transformed my life.”
- “An idyllic location paired with a variety of activities and workshops that ranged from fun to profound created a lifetime experience well worth repeating!”
- “I would love another (annual) opportunity to relax, renew and re-charge with other like-minded women; and I would love to give that opportunity to a couple other ladies in my circle as well.”
- “The personal stories of each of the speakers. It was so inspirational.”
- “The number of interactive activities and talks.”
- “The women I met and connected with. True loving spirits.”
- “The well-planned agenda.”
- “Listening to the personal stories of the speakers and attendees.”
- “I loved all of the speakers and the attendees. It was magical.”
- “To be able to invest in ourselves for a weekend, to dig deeper into who we are, what we desire and how to move ahead with our big dreams and our desired lifestyle, is a gift.”
- “To be my authentic self.”
- “To be on a continuous journey to believe in and love ourselves.”
- “To be true and authentic to the person I am.”
- “I gained validation, motivation, and friendships that will last a lifetime.”
Every woman received the “Royal” treatment and in doing so brought out their authentic self in a safe, and supportive environment where stories were shared, and lifelong bonds created. Everyone left fully charged, full of purpose and passion.
The stories and responses since the event have further reaffirmed that YOUniquely You has changed lives and is creating great futures ahead. From attending YOUnique You, this fabulous group of women has built networks, mentors and accountability partners and most of all developed life-long friends.
Already, the majority of the women who attended YOUuniquely You July 2018, are already signed up to return in 2019, with many bringing colleagues and friends. Through lakeside workshops, teambuilding on the grounds and trails, a sunset boat cruise on Lake George and the campfire chats and receptions, each woman found her safe haven and built herself up to new heights to tackle the next chapters in their life with purpose, passion and filled with the power of possible.
Registration for 2019’s – 2nd annual – YOUniquely You, Putting Women First – July 20-22 is now open through Sharon@SharonBurstein.com. Space is limited, early registration is encouraged.